Lighten Dry Skin with Milk
Lactic acid, an AHA can be found in Milk, which helps to lighten skin gently.Finally to a fairer skin.Befor using Milk as a facial element you should test it on the crook of your arm to see if it irritates your skin.If no, then proceed.
Before you start:
Before you start:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash all the bowls, whisk, utensils, spoons, cups and whatever equipment you will be using for this facial with soap and water. Sterilize these with boiling water. (Note: do not boil glass items as these can crack and the splinters can injure you. Certain plastics can melt if boiled so watch out for that). Make sure all surfaces you use for preparing this facial are clean. Remember. For home facials, hygiene and cleanliness is all important.
- Soak 2 cotton pads in rose water.
- Prepare 3 large sterile strips of cotton wool. The 1st strip should be large enough to cover your neck. The 2nd strip should be able to cover the lower part of your face from below your ears across your face under your nose. The 3rd should cover the rest of your face (Leaving a gap for your nostrils so that you can breathe.) Soak these pads in buttermilk.
- Put a handful of rose petals into a bowl.
- Fill a kettle with water and set that to boil.
- Wear a hair band or shower cap to keep your hair off your face. Get ready some cotton pads and a clean towel an 1 tablespoon of skim milk.
- Now you are ready for your facial.
- Dip a pair of clean cotton pads into a bowl with 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of almond oil. Use these pads to wipe your makeup off your face. Discard leftover mixture.
- Wash off the milk and oil with lots of water.
- Mix 1 tablespoonful of milk with the almond flour. Use that as a scrub to cleanse your face. Discard leftover scrub.
- Wash off the scrub with lots of water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl of rose petals.
- With the towel forming a 'tent' over your head and the bowl, keep your face about 20cm above the bowl. (Caution: Skip this step if you are an asthmatic. The steam could trigger an attack. Skip this step if you have thread veins.The heat could worsen your condition)